Thursday, February 1, 2007

Extremely Long Week

This week just seemed to drag on for forever for me. It feels like it should be thursday of the following week by now. I think it's because how much Albany is just so dead in the winter, at least in my opinion. When it's warmer out there are so many more things to do, and it just seems like the campus is alot more bustling, as well as the rest of the city. I've found myself just sitting in my room being bored for more time than ever in the past couple days, its interesting. I did go to the movies the other day though. My roommate Matt and I went with some girls who live down the hall in our building to see "Smokin' Aces". The movie was great, it was kinda weird that one of the leading roles was played by the guy who starred in Van Wilder, just because its hard for me to picture him in a serious role after that movie. However, the highlight of my week, in terms of the media was watching the office tonight. That show is just so hilarious, Steve Carrell might be one of the funniest actors of our generation, if not the funniest. The whole show is just so awkwardly funny, every person who works in the office is just put in these weird situations every week, and its just so incredibly awkward that you just wanna look away, but at the same time you cannot help but laugh. I think I'm going to go buy my tickets to Taking back Sunday, and Underoath at the Armory tonight or soon. I am pretty excited to go to that show, I have not been to a concert in forever, not since Bamboozle last year. Which was amazing by the way. Bamboozle is alot like the Warped Tour for anyone who doesn't know, and I saw at least a dozen of my favorite bands in one day, and there was just no words to describe it, the crowds were all amazing, and everyone was just having a great time. My highlight of the trip, was getting elbowed in the head, by some monster guy. He was trying to get a free Starting line Cd or something, and he felt the need to elbow me in the head to try and get it before i did. The whole thing that really sucks about it, is the cd just kinda hit me, i didnt want it, i was just walking by that Merch Table en route to get to the Zox merch table. Zox is a Ska band from Rhode Island. I've been a fan for awhile, but anyway, the guys from Zox saw me get hit in the head by that abnormally huge emo kid. So, the lead singer of the band was chatting me up about it, and we started talking about how much I liked the band, etc. etc. One thing lead to another, and they gave me their old cd i didn't have, and i got a couple of the guys in the band to sign it. I know them autographing it doesn't make it worth much in a dollar sense, but it's a cool story to tell i suppose. But, umm yeah, I guess i kind of got off on a tangent there, I think next time I need to think this thing out before i write it.

2 comments:

Smitty said...

Smoking Aces looked pretty great with that solid cast. THe thing that i was excited to see was Ari from Entourage. He is damn smooth and hilarious and might just be funnier than your virgin buddy. I never have seen the office becuase i never can get into shows like that b/c once i get into them they cancel it and that just pisses me off that i wasted time gettin to kno the characters and wanting to kno what happens next. I did get into a show the other week however called Entourage and watched all 3 seasons in 2 sittings and loved life. Best show on TV currently

Katie D said...

I saw Smokin Aces as well and I have to say, I was extremely disappointed. I thought it was going to be way better. Jeremy Piven ("Ari") is one of my fav actors and the movie definitely revolves around him, but he wasn't even in it that much! And Van Wilder-totally corny as a cop, I didn't like that at all.
I think I just went in with my expectations set too high...I mean, I thought it was good, but I was expecting better. One thing's for sure, that flick was blooooody!