Friday, February 16, 2007

Coming up with Titles for these blog entries is a pain

Wow....did anyone see all this snow coming!? I know it caught me off guard, I kept hearing that it was coming, but I didn't believe anyone, because they have been saying we would get a ton of snow all winter, and yet to get any snow at all. So I was skeptical to say the least, but hey I guess I was wrong. I don't really mind the snow that much, I'm pretty indifferent to it, to be completely honest. The way I see it, if it is going to be really cold, it mine as well snow so we can get some cancelled classes, so I mean I was particularly happy with the fact that my usually insanely busy Wednesday was turned into me sleeping till 2 and playing snow football with the people in my hallway. Snow football, now that is just something I am not used to yet. Living in Arizona from about 1st grade till my freshman year in high school basically meant that I am still not really accustomed to this whole snowing thing. Not that I am not open to trying new things and all, because I am not close minded or anything. My friends found out that i had never been sledding before my junior year of high school, so they dragged me out of my house to go with them. Needless to say, I went on a giant hill (well by my standards anyways) and almost got hit by a car at the bottom. So, I haven't really had the desire to go sledding again, because staying alive is something I'm pretty fond of, and yeah I think sledding again might negatively effect the whole staying alive thing. Alright, well have fun in the snow everyone, I hope everyone enjoyed the cancelled classes, because honestly, it made my week.

6 comments:

kerri said...

I was sooo excited for cancelled classes! And I definitely agree with you about the cold weather. I mean I would rather it be summer outside, but if it has to be cold then it might as well always be snowing so we won't have school! I hope we get another snowstorm before spring comes so we get more snow days!

k8 said...

my car was under 3 feet of snow... since i am a resident, campus didn't make sure that the sidewalks near my house were shoveled so i was sliding out my house and down the steps.

Katie D said...

I remember meeting someone my freshman year at St. Rose who had lived in Miami their whole life and that year was the first time they had ever seen snow! Being a New Yorker for all 21 years of my life, I thought that was so funny. I also think it's interesting when people up here say that they've never been to Manhattan. THAT is just so crazy to me.

And a word about sledding: it's definitely not one of my favorite winter activiites either. The worst part about it is having to walk alllllll the way back up to the top after you go down (wayyyy to lazy for that).

Brittney said...

canceled classes make my week.. i love it.. and you should go sledding some more.. it gets better.. ive had some bad experiences but you just got to keep going and try it you'll like it one day..

Duke Fan 4 said...

Cancelled classes definitely made my week, considering that I didn't do shit for any of my classes, so I got lucky. However, I didn't really understand the no classes that start before 12 and none that start after 4...that seemed quiet stupid to me so I didn't go to my 1:05 class lol.

Amy K. said...

Well i have to comment on your choice of a title... because sometimes i cant think of one either and i think thats the longest part of doing these blogs...